Ecommerce Fact Sheets
Today’s business environment, having an online presence can be an essential element to the success of small and medium sized enterprises. E-commerce is business done electronically, nowadays mostly via the Internet. It brings with it an unprecedented power to access customers 24 hours a day, seven days a week, anywhere in the world.
Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs), generally businesses with less than 20 employees, have embraced the Internet in Australia with enthusiasm. In some cases, it is because they intuitively understand the power of the ‘always open for business’ possibilities that e-commerce offers. Others are responding to changing customer expectations, or the moves of competitors who are moving online. Whatever the reason, the figures speak for themselves. According to the Australia Bureau of Statistics, some 72% of SMEs now have Internet access. A lesser proportion have a web site and less still have fully enabled them for full e-commerce capabilities.
The aim of this Fact Sheet series is to provide SMEs with information that is necessary to get online and to turn this online presence into a better experience with hopefully, higher profitability.
The information has been prepared by the IIA with the assistance of IIA Members:
- Introduction to Ecommerce. Download here.
- Your website - your online store front. Download here.
- Hosting your website. Download here.
- Promoting your site online. Download here.
- Outsourcing to an applications service provider. Download here.
- Laws affecting online businesses. Download here.
- Brand Protection on the net. Download here.
- Domain names. Download here.
- Online contracts. Download here.
- Security for your online business. Download here.